Wednesday, July 26, 2006

another memory from the first year

Hm, the photo adder thingy (I'm so techologically advanced, check out the fancy terminology!) isn't working. I'll try adding photos to my posts later, if I can figure it out. It's probably something I'm doing (though I DID manage to post one photo yesterday and one today, so maybe not?).

I remembered something else from that first year of motherhood. I was sitting in my parent's living room, holding my 10 mos old neice on my lap (which means Jacob was about 4 mos, which sounds right, as I know he wasn't sitting up on his own yet). I remember being amazed at how calm and comfortable her daughter seemed to be sitting with me, and I asked my sister "when do they stop crying for no reason?" My sister looked at me like I had 3 heads and said "What do you mean, they never cry for no reason." I remember feeling a little stunned at that response, but then dismissed it, assuming that her kids must have been unusally content children. That's the really funny part about the first couple of years -- every time her daughter or a friend's same-aged son did something that was totally amazing to me, I always figured they were just ridiculously advanced, rather than wondering why Jacob wasn't doing the same things. Funny how you don't even want to consider something that's staring you right in the face....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home