Wednesday, August 02, 2006

a chorus of angels, AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Here we are, August 2004. This family portrait was taken at our Family Reunion, the very day I first heard of RDI. My cousin's wife, homeschooling mom and general hero of mine, whose middle child has Autism, had just discovered RDI and couldn't wait to tell me all about it. We talk for hours about Autism and RDI and I couldn't wait to get home and read all about it on the www.rdiconnect.com web page.

I started reading the website at about 10pm and finished about 2 weeks later, and don't think I slept much in between. It was as if the clouds had suddenly parted and there were rays of golden, hopeful sunshine raining down upon me. The fog that had shrouded my brain suddenly cleared and I could see the answers I was searching for clearly. A host of angels sang rounds of the "halleluiah chorus"!! (Or maybe I was hallucinating from lack of sleep....).

My excitement was interupted by finally getting an appointment with an OT trianed in Sensory Integration, followed by the start of school and all the adjustments that had to be made there. But when I finally got back to learning more about RDI toward the end of September, our lives would be forever changed for the better. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a fun family photo! and yes, hip hip hooray for the discovery of RDI! i'm joining the angels in that AHHHHHH!

xx!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Karianna said...

What a sweet family photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home